Friday, February 12, 2010

Haiti needs your unwanted fabric

A friend and local designer in Chicago wants to donate his workroom, employees, and time to make 10,000 garments to ship to Haiti. We have already contacted the local Haitian center and they will ship the garments to Haiti to be distributed. To make this work we need over 20,000 yards of fabric. I can come up with some thousands of yards, but not all that is necessary. I want to know if I put a plea out to our our customer or fan base to donate your unwanted 4 yd. or larger pieces from your fabric stash, would you be up for it? Let me know. Please post on our fan page on Facebook, comment on this post, or send me an email at Sean@voguefabricsstore.com. 

 If the response is positive and it looks like we can reach our goal, I will start this process. But, to have Michael shut his workroom down is a huge commitment, and I do not want to have him do this if we can not come thru for him with his goal yardage.

 Here is his website if you want more information. http://www.sewspecialcustomdesigns.com/

4 comments:

Grammy aka Marilyn said...

Do you have a drop-off box or something in your Evanston store? Also, I assume that you want warm weather fabrics, not wools or fleece, correct?

Sean S. said...

Yes, we are looking for light weight fabrics, preferably non gender specific. But, I don't think anyone will complain about what fabrics are donated. We do have drop boxes at each of the three stores to gather all donations. They are marked "Haiti Relief Fabric".

Anonymous said...

I live in Indianapolis. How can I get the fabric to you?

Sean S. said...

Read my latest post for a Haitian Relief update.

The Fabric Rush is on....